As the new year approaches, many artists may be considering ways to improve their craft and achieve their goals in the coming year. From practicing regularly to trying out new techniques, there are many resolutions that artists can make to help them grow and succeed. Here are some ideas for 2023 New Year's resolutions that artists may want to consider:
- Practice regularly: Set aside a specific time each day or week to work on your art. Consistency is key to improving your skills.
- Experiment with new techniques or mediums: Trying out new things will help keep your art fresh and interesting, and may lead to new discoveries.
- Set goals: Determine what you want to achieve with your art, whether it's completing a certain number of pieces or exhibiting your work in a gallery. Having specific goals will help you stay focused and motivated.
- Connect with other artists: Join a local art group or attend events to meet other artists and share ideas and inspiration.
- Take care of yourself: Make sure to take breaks and prioritize self-care, as burnout can be a common problem for artists.
- Learn something new: Consider taking a workshop or class to learn a new skill or technique.
- Show your work: Don't be afraid to share your art with others, whether it's through social media, online galleries, or exhibitions.
- Be persistent: Don't give up on your art, even when things get tough. Keep working and refining your skills, and you'll see progress over time.
Making resolutions can be a great way to focus your efforts and set yourself up for success in the coming year. Whether you choose to focus on improving your skills, trying out new techniques, or setting goals for yourself, these resolutions can help you grow as an artist and achieve your full potential.
Want to start 2023 on a drawing streak? Take on the 30 Faces/30 Days challenge!