30 Faces/30 Days - Pen & Pencil
Regular price $ 59.99 USD
Improve your drawing skills, one face at a time, with 10 inspiring teachers and hundreds of fellow participants.
The Challenge: Draw the human face in pen or pencil every day for 30 days, starting January 1, 2023.
• 30 video drawing lessons (~60 mins/lesson)
• 30 inspiring reference photos
• Learn from 10 extraordinary teachers
• Get lifetime access with purchase
How It Works
Each day of the challenge, you get a reference photo featuring an inspiring face and a video lesson on Sktchy. Watch the lesson, draw your muse and share your drawing with a global community of fellow participants.
Simple Tools, Limitless Possibilities
They are the simplest and most accessible of all art supplies – and perhaps the most potent.
With just a pen or pencil, you can capture anyone.
In this challenge, you'll build up your drawing skills, one face at a time, with the guidance of 10 extraordinary artists. We'll cover:
• Capturing likeness through accurate proportions, value building, edge control, etc.
• Hatching (cross and contour) and blending
• Establishing focal points
• Hand-eye coordination
• Observation skills
• Line quality and expressive mark making
• Gesture drawing
• Facial anatomy
• Drawing at a 1:1 ratio by using real measurements to map out your composition
• Drawing without a plan and letting instinct guide you
• Adjusting your reference photo for better results
• And much more!
Learn from 10 extraordinary pen and pencil artists from around the world.
1. Carmen Gonzalez (Sktchy, Instagram)*
2. David Aceituno (Sktchy, Instagram)
3. David Tenorio (Sktchy, Instagram)
4. Graceina Samosir (Sktchy, Instagram)
5. Justin Maas (Sktchy, Instagram)
6. Laura Cronin (Sktchy, Instagram)
7. Margo Wallace (Sktchy, Instagram)
8. Nadyia Duff (Sktchy, Instagram)
9. Stinna Kristensen (Sktchy, Instagram)
10. Tiffany S. DaVanzo (Sktchy, Instagram)
*Carmen's lessons will be in Spanish with English captions. All other lessons will be in English.
30-Day Challenge, Lifetime Access
As a participant, you get lifetime access to all challenge content (videos, photos, etc.) on Sktchy, where you can communicate with your teachers and connect with fellow participants from around the world via desktop and any iOS or Android mobile devices.
What materials do I need to participate?
The only materials you need are pen, pencil and paper. That said, here are the specific materials the teachers use in their lessons:
- Pens: ball points (black, blue and various bright colors including gold); water-soluble (e.g., Pilot G2); gel (white); fineliner
- Pencil: lead (2B-8B, 2H, HB); mechanical (2B, 4B, HB); colored (black, red, white)
- Paper: white/light and, optionally, toned gray and blue
- Optional: white charcoal; shading stick
Is the content all new?
Yes! The teachers created their video lessons specifically for this edition of the challenge.
What skill level do I need for this challenge?
The challenge is suitable for artists of all skill levels, from beginners on up.
Do I need an iOS-device to participate?
No! We are hosting the challenge on Sktchy, which is available on iOS, Android and web.
Where do I access the challenge?
We publish all content related to the challenge on Sktchy.
Do I get lifetime access to the challenge?
Yes! Your purchase gets you lifetime access to ALL challenge content.
What is your refund policy?
Get a full refund, with no questions asked, any time before January 1, 2023.
Contact us. We'll reply asap.