30 Faces/30 Days - Pen & Pencil (07/23)
Regular price $ 59.99 USD
✒️ The Challenge: Draw the human face in pen or pencil every day for 30 days. Start today!
✏️ Improve your drawing skills, one face at a time, with 10 inspiring teachers and hundreds of fellow participants.
♾️ Get lifetime access with purchase. Go at your own pace and revisit forever.
👇 How It Works
Each day of the challenge, you get a reference photo featuring an inspiring face and a video lesson on Sktchy. Watch the lesson, draw your muse and share your drawing with a global community of fellow participants.
• 30 video drawing lessons (~60 mins/lesson)
• 30 inspiring reference photos
• 10 extraordinary teachers
Simple Tools, Limitless Possibilities
They are the simplest and most accessible of all art supplies – and perhaps the most potent.
With just a pen or pencil, you can capture anyone.
In this challenge, you'll build up your drawing skills, one face at a time, with the guidance of 10 extraordinary artists. We'll cover:
• Capturing likeness through accurate proportions, value building, edge control, etc.
• Hatching and blending
• Drawing hair (head and facial)
• Establishing focal points
• Hand-eye coordination
• Observation skills
• Line quality and expressive mark making
• Gesture drawing
• Facial anatomy
• Drawing at a 1:1 ratio by using real measurements to map out your composition
• Drawing without a plan and letting instinct guide you
• Adjusting your reference photo for better results
• And much more!
Learn from 10 extraordinary pen and pencil artists from around the world.
1. Justin Maas (Sktchy, Instagram)
2. Kimberly Petersen (Sktchy, Instagram)
3. Marc Scheff (Sktchy, Instagram)
4. Margriet Aasman (Sktchy, Instagram)
5. Mike Creighton (Sktchy, Instagram)
6. Paula Rello (Sktchy, Instagram)
7. Sena Adjovi (Sktchy, Instagram)
8. Tommy Lipkins (Sktchy, Instagram)
9. Tiffany S. DaVanzo (Sktchy, Instagram)
10. Zac Rybacki (Sktchy, Instagram)
30-Day Challenge, Lifetime Access
As a participant, you get lifetime access to all challenge content (videos, photos, etc.) on Sktchy, where you can communicate with your teachers and connect with fellow participants from around the world via desktop and any iOS or Android mobile devices.
What materials do I need to participate?
The only materials you need are pen, pencil and paper. That said, here are the specific materials the teachers use in their lessons:
- Pens: ball points (black, blue, red, etc.); water-soluble (e.g., Pilot G2); gel (white); fineliner; brush;
- Pencil: lead (2B-8B, 2H, HB); mechanical (2B, 4B, HB); colored (black, red, white); white charcoal
- Paper: white/light and, optionally, toned gray and blue
Is the content all new?
Yes! The teachers created their video lessons specifically for this edition of the challenge.
What skill level do I need for this challenge?
The challenge is suitable for artists of all skill levels, from beginners on up.
Do I need an iOS-device to participate?
No! We are hosting the challenge on Sktchy, which is available on iOS, Android and web.
Where do I access the challenge?
We publish all content related to the challenge on Sktchy.
Do I get lifetime access to the challenge?
Yes! Your purchase gets you lifetime access to ALL challenge content.
What is your refund policy?
Get a full refund, with no questions asked, within 24 hours of purchase.
Contact us. We'll reply asap.