Contour Hatching with Mike Creighton
Regular price $ 30.00 USD
Bring your portraits to life with contour hatching.
Learn this essential technique for creating volume and light while creating four portraits in four different mediums – graphite, ink + watercolor, colored pencil, gouache – with portrait artist Mike Creighton.
- 4 HD video lessons (~120 minutes each)
- 4 live-recorded student Q&As (~60 minutes each)
- 12 hours of video instruction in total
- Inspiring reference photos to draw
- Get immediate, lifetime access to all class content in Sktchy Art School
In the lessons, Mike will give in-depth demonstrations on how he uses contour hatching to create dimension in four different mediums: graphite, ink + watercolor, colored pencil and gouache. (Portraits in class may differ from the specific portraits pictured here.)
Got Questions? Get Answers!
In four live-recorded Q&As, Mike answers questions from students like you while doing contour hatching demonstrations in graphite, ink + watercolor, colored pencil and gouache. These Q&As are in addition to the four class lessons.
Lifetime Access - Anytime, Anywhere
With your purchase, you’ll get lifetime access to the class in Sktchy Art School, where you can communicate with Mike, connect with fellow students from around the world and get constructive feedback on your class art via desktop and any iOS or Android mobile devices.
Ready to hatch?
Click "Add to Cart" to get started with checkout.
What art supplies do I need to participate?
With only pencil and paper, you will be able to practice the contour hatching technique that Mike demonstrates in this class. That said, here is what you need to follow along with Mike step-by-step:
- Drawing paper
- Cold press watercolor paper
- Bristol board/paper
- Graphite pencil
- Colored pencils (hard lead)
- Technical pen or pen holder with fine nib (waterproof ink)
- Black watercolor (tube or cake)
- Foundation set of gouache paint (tube or cake)
- "Permanent White" gouache paint
- Cheap set of basic small brushes: 12mm size 6 "flat" short handle watercolor paintbrush (synthetic of natural hair) for washes; 4mm size 3 “round” short handle watercolor paintbrush (synthetic or natural hair) for precise marks and lines
Can I go at my own pace?
Yes! You keep lifetime access to ALL class content, so you can go at your own pace.
What skill level do I need for this class?
Beginner to intermediate.
Do I get lifetime access to the class?
Yes! Your purchase gets you lifetime access to ALL class content.
What is your refund policy?
All sales are final.
Contact us. We'll reply asap.