Make Your Mark with Joan Martin
Regular price $ 19.99 USD
Explore a variety of media and expressive mark-making techniques with experimental artist Joan Martin.
- 5+ hours of HD video instruction
- 9 in-depth video lessons, complete with inspiring reference photos
- Immediate, lifetime access to all class content on Sktchy
The class comprises over four hours of HD video instruction:
- Lesson 1: Portrait in Ink and Mixed Media
- Lesson 2: Portrait in Graphite and Ink with Wax
- Lesson 3: Portrait in Mixed Media with Alternative Applicators
- Lesson 4: Portrait in Ink with Stamps and Stencils
- Lesson 5: Portrait in Natural Ink with Organic Brushes
- Lesson 6: Portrait in Ink with Natural Foliage
- Lesson 7: Portrait in Ink and Paint on Natural Canvas
- Lesson 8: Portrait on Rusted Canvas
- Lesson 9: Portrait with Eco Print
Meet Your Teacher
Joan is an experimental artist and art teacher based in Durban, South Africa. Her art is an exploration of illustrative line quality and expressive mark-making and textures. "Too many people see art as a product instead of an experience," says Joan. "Experimentation and play are vital parts of learning. If you are not prepared to make mistakes you won’t learn." (Sktchy, Instagram)
Lifetime Access - Anytime, Anywhere
With your purchase, you’ll get immediate, lifetime to the class on Sktchy, where you can communicate with Joan, connect with fellow students from around the world and get constructive feedback on your class art via desktop and any iOS or Android mobile devices.
Joan will be using the following supplies in her lessons:
What tools and materials do I need to take this class?
- Paper (Printer, Smooth Drawing or Watercolor)
- Acrylic Brushes (Fine, Medium and Large)
- Acrylic Paint
- Acrylic Drawing Pen
- White Acrylic Marker
- White Ink Pen
- Ballpoint Ink Pens
- Graphite Pencils
- Household Items (Scissors, Candle, Hairspray, Credit Cards, Plastic Woven Bag, Feather or String, Ceramic Tiles, Plastic Tablecloth, Tupperware, Handful of Rusted Nails, etc. and a Mason Jar)
- Grocery-Store Items (White Vinegar, Onions, Green or Rooibos Tea, Milk)
- Garden Items (Sticks, Fresh Leaves and Flowers)
- Masking Tape
- Sponge Roller
- Stamps and Stamp Pad
- Thick Cardboard Box
- Textured, Non-Slip Mat
What skill level do I need for this class?
Beginner to intermediate.
Do I get lifetime access to the class?
Yes! Your purchase gets you lifetime access to ALL class content.
Can I go at my own pace?
Yes! This is an on-demand class, and that means that you can go at your own pace and revisit the class content whenever you like because you have lifetime access.
What is your refund policy?
All sales are final.
Contact us. We'll reply asap.